Transitional Care - How We Can Help
A strong support system at home, along with coordinated care, can reduce one’s risk of hospital readmission. At ComForCare Home Care, we have processes in place to help people successfully transition home after a stay in a hospital, rehabilitation center or skilled nursing facility.
Our Transitional Care services allow our team to:*
- Obtain and review hospital discharge instructions and incorporate these instructions into a client’s personalized care plan
- Pick up prescriptions, provide medication reminders, and help the patient adhere to their prescribed regimen
- Educate the client, caregivers, and family members on red flags or warning signs for chronic conditions
- Assist clients with scheduling and attending follow-up medical appointments
- Provide home care services as needed
- Communicate with the client’s family members, discharge planner, health coach or other health care professional
- Assist with personal care services such as bathing, grooming and personal hygiene
- Help with meal preparation, laundry and light housekeeping
- Identify trip hazards and make home safety recommendations
- Provide companion care services
Transition to Home Package
For individuals who need Transitional Care services, ComForCare offers a one-time “Transition to Home” package. This includes assistance from the hospital, rehabilitation center, or skilled nursing facility, along with help getting settled in at home. We’ll even call a friend or family member to let them know their loved one has arrived home.
Preparing for Discharge
As you or a loved one prepare for discharge, call us at 800-886-4044 for a no obligation consultation. We can provide as much or as little support needed to help someone safely transition home. Our caregivers are available 24/7 including holidays, and we customize our care based on each client’s needs and preferences. Contact a local office to learn more about transition of care services in your area.
*Services vary by location