What is Home Care?
What is Home Care?
Are you aware of the distinctions between the services offered by in-home care and medical home health providers? According to a Johns Hopkins study, approximately 25 million older Americans depend on home-based services as they age in place.
Whether it's aiding with daily activities, providing wound care, or offering therapy for functional recovery, each service plays a crucial role in the continuum of care. This understanding is particularly valuable for Aging Services Professionals, helping them choose the right provider to align with an individual's care goals.
Click to listen to this episode:
Tune in for insights and resources from Rebecca Bouchard-Witmer, VP of Operations at ComForCare Franchise Systems, LLC.
Rebecca Bouchard is the VP of Operations for ComForCare Franchise Systems. Rebecca has been with the company for over twenty years. She leads the franchise support team to ensure the franchisees have the tools and resources necessary to provide the highest quality of care to clients across the US and Canada. Rebecca has a bachelor of science in Human Ecology from Michigan State University and her master's in Business and Human Resources from Walsh College.
- The difference between in-home care and medical home health
- Overview of services provided by in-home care agencies
- Frequently asked questions when making a referral
- Key considerations for aging services professionals when selecting an in-home care provider or partner
- Best practices and considerations to ensure a seamless care transition
- Dementia Care - ComForCare
- Home Care vs. Assisted Living: A Guide for Families of Seniors – ComForCare
- Top Home Care Services that Make a Big Difference for Seniors – ComForCare
- How Do I Know if My Elderly Loved One Needs Home Care? – ComForCare
- Who Is Eligible for Home Care Services? – ComForCare
- Does Medicare Cover Home Care Services? Paying for In-Home Care – ComForCare
- Are Older Americans Getting the Long-Term Services and Supports They Need? – The Commonwealth Fund
- Resources for Professionals – National Council on Aging
- Resources for Caregivers – National Council on Aging
- ComForCare YouTube Channel