Meet the Owner
Radio Host, Empath, Passionate Activist
“Honesty is the best way to go.”
How I Got Here
In 2008, at 27 years old, I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. It was at that point I decided to make a major change in my life, shifting my focus from the corporate tech world to advocating for those with chronic diseases and disabilities. When you receive a diagnosis like that, you start to believe there is something bigger out there for you; something more than climbing the corporate ladder. I knew I wanted to make a difference, and I knew there were people who needed my tenacity. That means making a better life for my clients as well as my staff.
I Want to Make a Difference
I started my ComForCare location because I want to play a positive role in every one of my clients’ lives. If they need me, I will be there. Every day I have a direct effect on someone’s life and on their well-being. I’m a part of making sure they can live their best life possible. It’s important to me to give my clients’ families peace of mind, so they are able to go to their jobs, take care of themselves or run errands. We want everyone’s quality of life to be improved. Just knowing that I have a small part in that is enough to keep me going every day.
Credentials and Education
- Bachelor of Science, integrated science and technology from Marshall University
- Radio host of “Your Health with Marques Jones” on Rejoice 101.3 FM, 990 AM
- Chair of the Government Relations Advisory Committee in Virginia for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, August 2015 – August 2017
- Appointed by Governor Terry McAuliffe to serve on the board of Virginia's Assistive Technology Loan Fund Authority
- DementiaWise®-certified office
Whether your loved one needs assistance only a few hours a week or around-the-clock, our team is happy to help! Call (804) 285-2892 to learn more about the transition care services offered through ComForCare Home Care (Northwest Richmond, VA).