ComForCare provides home care services to individuals living throughout the Greater Portland West region. Our professionals are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to deliver quality home care services as needed. We truly care about our clients and want to provide the highest quality of life possible. With ComForCare, individuals and their family can depend on our professional caregivers to be there when assistance is needed most.
Our professional caregivers receive extensive training to meet the needs of individuals who have more advanced medical needs, such as dementia or those who have sustained serious injuries. ComForCare home care professionals use a home safety checklist to help set up homes to best accommodate clients with mobility or cognitive impairments and coach them on best practices for home care services.
Our dementia care services are unrivaled in the industry, with our caregivers being continuously taught best practices in dementia care, behavior and techniques.
ComForCare Home Care professionals will meet with seniors and any family members who may be helping with daily needs. Together the caregiver, client and family members will devise a schedule for daily home care to make sure all needs are met. We offer a variety of home care schedules, whether the client needs someone to be there while family members work, simply check in from time to time and take care of some tasks, or administer more intensive live-in care.
ComForCare caregivers are able to provide clients with assistance for many daily tasks, including:
- Bathing – Applying special caregiving techniques for easier, more cooperative bathing.
- Dressing – Making dressing appropriately less of an issue by delicately reducing decision-making pressures.
- Maximizing Independence – Working respectfully with clients to retain abilities still present.
- Meaningful Activities – Increasing enjoyment and purpose to decrease boredom and difficult behavior.
- Nutritious Meal Preparation – Adjusting offerings as appropriate to nutritional needs and personal preferences.
- Safety Supervision – Providing supportive assistance to reduce falls and wandering.
- Sensory Stimulation – Engaging clients through their senses to stimulate language use and memory.
- Toileting and Continence Care – Using compassionate care strategies to maintain dignity and privacy.
Whether your loved one needs assistance only a few hours a week or around-the-clock, our team is happy to help! Call (971) 801-7606 to learn more about the transition care services offered through ComForCare Home Care (Tigard, OR).