Gaitway - Fall Risk Management
The CDC reports that one in four older adults over the age of 65 will fall each year, and the majority of those falls will result in injury, surgery or even death.
With Gaitway, our evidence-based fall risk management program, we aim to help older adults understand why falls occur in the first place and identify solutions that can improve their outcomes. We work to:
- Minimize the risk of falls among older adults living at home
- Empower older adults and their families to understand factors that lead to an
- increased risk of falls and the solutions available
- Identify and monitor risk factors with effective screening tools
- Educate direct care workers who are helping clients manage their health
We offer free fall screenings and take time to educate older adults and their loved ones about the causes of falls and what they can do to manage their risk.
Whether your loved one needs assistance only a few hours a week or around-the-clock, our team is happy to help! Call (317) 664-5136 to learn more about the transition care services offered through ComForCare Home Care (South Indy).