Gaitway - A Fall Risk Management Program
Most older adults think falls are a normal part of aging, but they aren’t. The good news is, there are many proactive steps you can take to help reduce the chance of experiencing a fall.
If you answer “yes” to any of the following questions, consider scheduling a free fall risk screening which ComForCare can provide virtually or in person.
Have you or your loved one:
- Fallen in the past year?
- Reported feeling dizzy or sleepy due to taking medications?
- Found it difficult to stand or walk up stairs and could benefit from grab bars for added safety in the home?
ComForCare will help you manage fall risk by:
- Completing a fall risk screening and home safety evaluation
- Taking the time to educate you and your loved one(s) on fall risk factors
- Creating an individualized care plan to meet your needs
- Having caregivers continuously observe for changes and report
- Encouraging engagement in strength and balance exercises as prescribed
- Connecting you with the right community resources
Download Our Guide on Reducing Fall Risk
And call ComForCare Fairfield today to schedule a free screening.
Whether your loved one needs assistance only a few hours a week or around-the-clock, our team is happy to help! Call (203) 612-8966 to learn more about the transition care services offered through ComForCare Home Care (Fairfield, CT).