What Makes Us Different
When you call us, you won’t get an automated attendant or answering machine. A real person answers the phone at all times.
With our personalized approach to care, we help our clients and their families maintain their independence and live their best life possible.
We love what we do, and we love our clients!
But what does this mean for you? ComForCare Winston-Salem owner, Dave Abrams, shares one story particularly close to his heart.
"A caregiver called to say she was ill and could not go to her client. We made some calls and even though it was short notice, our caregivers stepped up and covered all but two hours of the shift. I then went to the client’s home to care for her myself.Later that day, we were sitting next to each other watching a basketball game. She held out her hand to me, and as I took it she whispered, "Thank you for helping me have a good life here."The emotion I felt at those words of gratitude was indescribable! I am so appreciative for having had this experience."
Focus on Quality
Quality care begins with getting to know you and your loved one and their care needs. Our comprehensive assessment process includes a review of the following questions to help ensure services are matched to your needs:
- What is your current situation?
- What is the diagnosis?
- What is his/her/their daily routine?
- What other conditions are involved?
- What medications are being prescribed?
- What cognitive skills and memories have been retained?
- What physical assistance is needed?
- What cognitive assistance is needed?
During our visit to your home, we will discuss these questions and more. Please call 336-759-7207 to arrange your complimentary home visit today!
How We Achieve Quality CareEveryone in our organization is committed to providing the best care possible. We are committed to providing the highest quality of life for all of our clients and families.
We do what it takes at the start of the care process to ensure the best results over time. Here is a brief description of the process:
- Nurse Assessment: Our complimentary assessment is thorough. We evaluate our client’s physical, mental status, cognitive abilities, fall risk and safety of their environment.
- Care Plan: The nurse creates an individual care plan of required tasks that the caregiver follows to provide the very best care.
- Client and Caregiver Education: We educate both the client and caregiver on how to manage their physical and medical conditions and stay on track with their medications.
- Client-Specific Skills Training: We make sure each caregiver has the skills to meet client needs. Our caregivers receive continued education throughout their careers.
- Caregiver Introduction: A member of our management team will be there at that first meeting and introduce the client to the caregiver(s).
- Management Team Involvement: Our management team oversees every aspect of client care. We are always just a phone call away.
Whether your loved one needs assistance only a few hours a week or around-the-clock, our team is happy to help! Call (336) 759-7207 to learn more about the transition care services offered through ComForCare Home Care (Winston-Salem, NC).