Frequently Asked Questions About ComForCare Home Care (Santa Cruz, CA)
At ComForCare Home Care Santa Cruz, we are dedicated to providing each of our clients and their families with the best in-home care services available. From selecting the right caregiver to providing respite care, 24/7 care, companionship, personal care, and other in-home care services, our home care agency is passionate about helping your loved one live in the comfort of their home for as long as possible. If you are searching for a home care agency in Santa Cruz, CA, and the surrounding areas, please review the most commonly asked questions asked by our clients below for more detailed information about our home care services.
Questions About In-Home Care Services
How do you know when a person might need in-home care services?
There are a number of warning signs that indicate in-home care services might be necessary for your loved one. The cause of these signs can be a physical ailment such as arthritis, heart disease, deteriorating vision, or a psychological problem such as depression or a developing memory disorder. Some tell-tale signs that it could be time to contact a home care agency include:
- Memory impairment: Losing track of medications, wandering from home, missing appointments
- Poor judgment: Not making sound decisions, not recognizing or responding to an emergency in an appropriate manner
- Changes in mood and behavior: Reluctance to leave the house or visit friends and family, lack of interest in usual activities, isolation
- Changes in mobility: Difficulty getting up and down the stairs, walking unsteadily, complaints of dizziness, falls are likely or have already occurred
- Changes in driving: Getting into accidents, frequent misses, slowed reaction time, failure to see or heed traffic signals, signs of deteriorating vision, easily becoming lost in familiar areas
- Negative changes in sleeping patterns, diet, and personal hygiene
- Signs of bodily injury, abnormal skin color, shortness of breath, weight changes, swollen feet or ankles
- Changes in fiscal responsibility: not paying bills on time or at all, leaving important documents in open areas
Any of these signs should prompt you or your family to investigate the problems and consult a doctor, home care agency or other professional immediately.
Do you provide dementia care services?
At ComForCare Home Care Santa Cruz, we are a DementiaWise®-certified office, meaning we are certified to provide dementia care services for your loved one, including assistance with daily hygiene, meal planning and preparation, senior transportation, oversight of safety and well-being around the home, activities for cognitive stimulation and assistance with light housekeeping.
Do you provide home care services for individuals with disabilities?
We offer disability management for individuals of all ages in Santa Cruz and the surrounding areas. Both children and adults with physical disabilities or other challenges can receive hands-on care around the clock. Through our developmental disability care services, caregivers are available to assist your loved one with one-on-one care. Our caregivers are specially trained and can help to provide a sense of empowerment to your loved one. Disability management services can assist with cerebral palsy, autism, Down Syndrome, as well as developmental delays and cognitive disabilities. To speak with a team member about our disability care services, please call (831) 427-1553.
What should I consider when selecting a home care agency?
Selecting the right home care agency in Santa Cruz can be very challenging. It is critical to ensure that the organization you choose follows best practices and provides safe care. It is also important to investigate the philosophy and business practices of the companies you are considering. To ensure that you select a quality home care agency like ComForCare Home Care Santa Cruz, be sure that you understand how often you will be billed, the caregiving plan, the company’s hiring practices, the geographic area covered, the rate for home care services, liability and worker’s comp insurance information, how to contact the business after regular business hours, and what the process looks like if you are unsatisfied with your loved one’s caregiver.
Get In Touch With Our Home Care Agency
If you have additional questions about our home care agency or would like more information about the in-home care services we provide, please don’t hesitate to contact us at ComForCare Home Care Santa Cruz. We look forward to helping your loved one live their best life possible.
Whether your loved one needs assistance only a few hours a week or around-the-clock, our team is happy to help! Call (831) 332-7520 to learn more about the transition care services offered through ComForCare Home Care (Santa Cruz County, CA).