Whether it’s due to injury, illness or aging, sometimes older adults need a little extra help, especially at home. However, family members and friends can’t always be there around the clock to assist their aging loved one. That’s where ComForCare New Braunfels can come into help. Through personalized care plans and a compassionate approach to care, our home care agency helps clients live independently in their own home and continue to do all the things they love.
Finding the Right Caregivers
ComForCare provides in-home care services to individuals in New Braunfels, Texas and the surrounding areas. Providing the best care possible starts with finding the right individuals to become a part of our team. When it comes to in-home care, you want a caregiver who is professional, compassionate and qualified. At ComForCare New Braunfels, we only hire the most qualified caregivers to provide home care services for our clients. Our 10-step hiring process is virtually unmatched in the home care industry, so you have peace of mind knowing that you’re getting the best care possible.
To be a ComForCare caregiver, each applicant must:
- Pass the Home Health Aide test (formally known as the National League of Nursing test) or state equivalent
- Take and pass drug screening, ethics, attitude and reliability tests (DEARs Assessment)
- Have criminal background and state driving record checks completed
- Have verifiable employment history and personal references
- Have professional certifications, licenses or registrations verified
- Be checked against state and federal sex offender registries
- Participate in a personal interview
- Participate in a full skills orientation
- Demonstrate an understanding of OSHA Universal Precautions, including proof of non-active TB results
- Be eligible for employment in the U.S.
Including our 10-step hiring process, ComForCare New Braunfels has a variety of qualifications that our team members must meet. Most of these qualifications are not required by Texas licensing; therefore, other home care agencies in the area do not require these extra steps. All ComForCare New Braunfels applicants must meet these requirements:
- Qualify as a home health aide proven by experience, satisfactorily passing three skills tests, and completion of a skills assessment
- Be drug-screened at time of hire and randomly during their time of employment
- Undergo extensive multiple state- and county-level criminal background checks
- Provide proof of negative TB testing [HK7]
- Complete a hands-on orientation with a doctor or physical therapist who is also a board-certified clinical specialist in geriatric physical therapy (this is unique to our agency)
Ongoing Education and Professional Training
Not only are our caregivers trained on clients’ specific needs, but they also receive ongoing education to stay up-to-date on home care best practices.
We’re always on the lookout for compassionate individuals to join our team at ComForCare New Braunfels. If you think you’d make a great addition to our home care agency, we encourage you to apply today!
Whether your loved one needs assistance only a few hours a week or around-the-clock, our team is happy to help! Call (830) 632-5887 to learn more about the transition care services offered through ComForCare Home Care (New Braunfels, TX).