Meet the Owners
Mark Turnbull and Christina Myers
Innovators, Passionate Volunteers, Followers of Principles “Caring is a matter of the heart and a work of art.”
I’m very grateful to have grown up in a family where I was encouraged to believe in myself and in the good of humanity. My past life experiences as a college football player, pastor, entrepreneur and businessman have afforded me the opportunity to be in a position in life where I can give back and serve those who need our assistance. ComForCare Home Care has become the perfect platform to bring together the breadth of my past with the present needs of our aging culture. Caring is loving, respecting, and protecting those who are the most vulnerable.
As people advance in age, they need our help. I have firsthand experience taking care of my mother and understand the realities many family members face when dealing with this life transition. There is stress, confusion and helplessness that can wreak havoc on a person. I want to be the person to help solve those problems.
I was a stay-at-home mom for many years, stepping up to take care of the house and volunteering in the community. When the opportunity to be a part of ComForCare presented itself, I saw an opportunity to help people who need my help.
Our Favorite Service Moment
One of our first clients was a huge fan of a local sports team. We decided for his birthday to have a surprise party for him. Since the party was the day of a big game, we printed a banner with the team logo and hung it above the TV. It really made his day and reminded me of what an honor it is to make a difference for our clients.
What Makes ComForCare – West Linn Unique
We are very aware that you have many choices to choose from when selecting an in-home care agency for yourself or an aging loved one. Our mission is to help our clients remain independent in their own homes with dignity and a high quality of life. We know that “home” means something different to each person. Home could be a private residence, an assisted living community or a memory care community. We support each person’s desire to age in in the place that’s right for them.
Our caregivers receive the best training for dementia care. Each caregiver is certified in our proprietary DementiaWise® training program. We also offer DementiaWise support groups for families whose loved ones are living with Alzheimer’s disease or other types of dementia.
In addition, our staff and caregivers are trained and certified by the American Red Cross in CPR and First Aid.
Regarding hiring, we refer to our caregivers as craftsmen because they truly are skilled artists in how they care for clients. Most importantly, we only hire caregivers who call themselves leaders and who share the same vision and passion for caregiving as we do.
- DementiaWise®-certified office
- CHAP accredited to offer the highest standards in caregiver training
- Proud supporter and financial contributor of the ALS Association of Oregon, Parkinson’s Research of Oregon and the Lakewood Center for the Arts
- Certified nursing assistant
- Certified senior advisor (a national designation to train individuals to better connect with seniors)
- Certified American Red Cross Instructor in CPR and First Aid
- Host of the radio show “Aging in Portland” on KKPZ 1330 AM
- B.S. in business administration, Oregon State University
- Master of divinity, Denver Theological Seminary
- Hometown graduate of Hillsboro High School, Hillsboro, Oregon
- Certified Senior Advisor® (a national designation to train individuals to better connect with seniors)
- Proud supporter of and financial contributor to the ALS Association, Parkinson’s Resources of Oregon (PRO) and Alzheimer Association
- Proud supporter of and financial contributor to the Lakewood Center for the Arts in Lake Oswego, Oregon
- Dedicated community volunteer
Contact us at 503-636-0417.
Whether your loved one needs assistance only a few hours a week or around-the-clock, our team is happy to help! Call (503) 636-0417 to learn more about the transition care services offered through ComForCare Home Care (West Linn, OR).