Professional Dementia and Alzheimer's Care in Oklahoma City
DementiaWise® is the proprietary dementia curriculum for ComForCare. It has been reviewed and approved by the Alzheimer’s Association® because it meets the Alzheimer’s Association Dementia Care Practice Recommendations in certain topics as per a report issued on March 9, 2017. See report results.
When providing supportive home care services, we at ComForCare encourage our clients’ independence whenever possible. Allowing them to do the things they still can result in more cooperation and acceptance of care. We understand that remaining independent is important for self-esteem and can improve clients’ perspectives and outlook, especially when coping with the diagnosis of a condition such as Alzheimer’s disease.
Dementia Care Challenges
It is difficult to watch how dementia affects a loved one. As a family caregiver, you may feel isolated, overwhelmed and exhausted. While no one knows your loved one better than you, most family caregivers do not know how to make dementia care easier and more effective. We work with you to provide respite when you need it while providing your loved one with the support and assistance they need.
DementiaWise™ - Where Experience and Compassion Improve Dementia Care
Through our DementiaWise program, we deliver custom, in-home care services designed to make your loved one’s days better. We take special care to recognize behavioral triggers in order to prevent or reduce any challenging dementia behaviors. This means better days for you too!
With the help of our specially-trained caregivers, our in home care services allow individuals with any type or stage of dementia to stay in the familiarity and comfort of their own home. In the past, it was commonly recommended that individuals suffering from dementia symptoms be admitted to facilities to protect their safety. However, moving into unfamiliar surroundings can be frightening for dementia sufferers and can exacerbate symptoms. Dementia care in-home services present a solution that is both comforting and effective.
Home Care Services Provided
These are just some of the services we provide to help clients with their activities of daily living:
- Bathing – Applying special caregiving techniques for easier, more cooperative bathing.
- Dressing – Making dressing appropriately less of an issue by delicately reducing decision-making pressures.
- Maximizing Independence – Working respectfully with clients to retain abilities still present.
- Meaningful Activities – Increasing enjoyment and purpose to decrease boredom and difficult behavior.
- Nutritious Meal Preparation – Adjusting offerings as appropriate to nutritional needs and personal preferences.
- Safety Supervision – Providing supportive assistance to reduce falls and wandering.
- Sensory Stimulation – Engaging clients through their senses to stimulate language use and memory.
- Toileting and Continence Care – Using compassionate care strategies to maintain dignity and privacy.
Whether your loved one needs assistance only a few hours a week or around-the-clock, our team is happy to help! Call (405) 217-0706 to learn more about the transition care services offered through ComForCare Home Care (Oklahoma City, OK).