A transition of care (TOC) is when someone moves from one care setting – such as a hospital, skilled nursing facility, rehabilitation center or even their home – to another. Unfortunately, these transitions don’t always go smoothly and a person can be readmitted to the hospital.
Transitions of Care - How We Can Help
A strong support system at home, along with coordinated care, can reduce one’s risk of hospital readmission. At ComForCare, we have processes in place to help people successfully transition home after a stay in a hospital, rehabilitation center or skilled nursing facility. Our Transitions of Care services allow our team to:*
- Obtain and review hospital discharge instructions and incorporate these instructions into a client’s personalized care plan
- Pick up prescriptions, provide medication reminders and help the client adhere to their prescribed regimen
- Educate the client, caregivers and family members on red flags or warning signs for chronic conditions
- Assist clients with scheduling and attending follow-up medical appointments
- Communicate with the client’s family members, discharge planner, health coach or other health care professional
- Assist with personal care services such as bathing, grooming and personal hygiene
- Help with meal preparation, laundry and light housekeeping
- Identify trip hazards and make home safety recommendations
- Provide companion care services
- Provide home care services as needed
For individuals that need Transitions of Care services, ComForCare offers a one-time “Transition to Home” package. This includes assistance from the hospital, rehabilitation center or skilled nursing facility along with help getting settled in at home. We’ll even call a friend or family member to let them know their loved one has arrived home.
As you or a loved one prepare for discharge, call us at 800-886-4044 for a no obligation consultation. We can provide as much or as little support needed to help someone safely transition home. Our caregivers are available 24/7 including holidays, and we customize our care based on each client’s needs and preferences. Contact a local office to learn more about transition of care services in your area.
Whether your loved one needs assistance only a few hours a week or around-the-clock, our team is happy to help! Call (949) 825-6000 to learn more about the transition care services offered through ComForCare Home Care (South Orange County, CA).